South Tenerife Golf Services
Our contact details
You can find our full contact details on our Contact Us page.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- General information regarding your holiday including: numbers in your party; ages of under 16s; passport numbers and full names
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses (captured in our server logs)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Use of our Contact form to ask us a question or respond to a communication from us
- By sending us an email relating to an enquiry or an existing (or previous) booking with us
- Completing our checkout process to request a booking with us
We use the information that you have given us in order to provide you with the holiday packages and related services you have enquired about either through our website, via email, over the telephone or via postal mail.
We may share this information with the golf centres and other related service providers specifically in regard to your booking or enquiry. We only share the minimum information necessary to complete the specific requirement according to the progress of your enquiry or booking.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at the address above.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in our secure email system and in our restricted company computer systems.
We keep information relating to a confirmed booking for up to 5 years. Information relating to an enquiry but which does not progress to a confirmed booking is kept for up to 2 years. We will then dispose of your information by deleting the data and expunging cached or archived copies.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us in writing if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us in writing at our contact address. You can also complain to the ICO in the UK (or the relevant data protection governing body) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk